Long live RSS

Simple is powerful. It is amazing how powerful a humble RSS feed is in integrating, publishing and syndicating content on internet. RSS perhaps lies on lower end of spectrum of various integration techniques (enterprise SOA bieng on higher end) but it has become omnipresent and ubiquotous on internet. Internet is amazing place because it almost self governs itself and adopts useful standards with alacrity as was the case with rss. I first learnt about power of rss when I worked with Jean Paul Figer whose constant reference to rss made me wonder what was so special about a simple feed in XML format.......but once I understood it, it was a revelation for me. btw, I just had to write this because I used rss to integrate content from some of my favourite Tech sites on this blog, in just 1 minute. Check a cool site which offers nice widgets around RSS .

No comments: